Thursday, November 10, 2005

Recommended viewing: The Beast of War

Saw this movie couple of days back on cable ..... The Beast of War.



Its basically about a Russian tank commanded by a tyrannical tank commander stuck in Afghanistan during the Russian invasion in 1981. They are being pursued by the Mujahideen .... on foot. Well narrated tale and very accurately depicted from what I could tell. Had a bunch of desi actors, including Kabir Bedi, playing the Afghan guys.

The interesting aspect of this story is that it was made in 1988 but I could not tell if it was made back then or just a couple of years back until I looked up the credits.

On an interesting side note, one of my colleagues who was recently called up to serve in Afghanistan, sent me a shawl, that I got today, that was worn by the Mujahideen guys when they fought the Taliban.

Coincidence or what??!!!

Disclaimer: If you are looking for a slam bam action flick like Independence Day, avoid this movie. This is a slow developing story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home