Monday, December 12, 2005

My first time!

This weekend there was a community Christmas party for which I was the designated driver. To those of you who dont know the Rap Maharajah, I'm the one who needs designated drivers and not vice versa. So that was quite an experience for my first time - as a designated driver ...... ha ha ..... what else did you think it was?
The best part about this was the passengers. I had to pick up (and drop off) 5 senior citizens. The youngest among them was 80+. So when I say senior citizens, I mean it!
These are people in the twiglight of their lives - they can hardly move on their own. But you could see the excitement in their eyes. They were getting to meet all these people they have not seen in a loooooooong time. These people could hardly take a step or two, but yet you could see that they were trying to fly trying to reach the car so they could get to the party on time. Their minds were moving faster than their bodies would allow, kind of Matrix-like.
Their mood was upbeat, chatter incessant and they kept thanking me repeatedly for doing this for them, to the point it was embarassing.
I'm glad my one time (seriously, this was my first!) I played designated driver, I could help bring some enjoyment to these awesome people.

2 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh... Had you told me, I would have been the DD. I kinda took a break from drinking.

Have not had a single drop of alcohol since 26th Nov.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Mousepad Marauder said...

Good job. Keep the faith, bro!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home